Saturday, October 18, 2008

Superman : The Quest (Notes Entry for Prologue: Strange Visitors - Part One)

I have begun a rather large undertaking, an exercise in fan fiction that I have been considering in various forms for some time. It is called 'The Uni-Verse' and I hope to do quite a bit with it, and I hope others get as much enjoyment from it as I do.

The first leg of this project is called 'Superman: The Quest.' The first entry can be found here.

The story itself is about how Clark Kent became Superman. There are plenty of versions of this story. This mine. It is in no way canon for the character in any media but this one, and that is deliberate. DC Comics/Time Warner owns the character, who was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

The prologue is about how and why Superman came to be on Earth. If the first portion posted is not completely clear, I hope the remainder of the prologue will answer some of the questions posed by this part of the story. Future Uni-Verse Superman stories, subsequent to 'The Quest', will answer any questions raised by the prologue but left unanswered by this story.

I hope to approach General Zod from a very different direction than usual, and to make him a more central character in Superman's story, in a more multi-dimensional way than the most ambitious previous attempt by the television series Smallville. I also have my own conception of Brainiac, which combines what I feel to be the best of of the Golden Age Brainiac and the Brainiac of the Superman: the Animated Series. These are left for the future, these characters only appear in the Prologue of 'The Quest.' Their purpose in appearing here is to set the tone for Krypton and its fate in the Uni-Verse. More of this will be elaborated upon in the course of 'The Quest'.

Please, enjoy.

No comments: